Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Oh Christmas tree


Every year since Brandon and I have lived together, we've gone out to a Christmas tree farm and cut our Christmas tree down. It has become one of my favorite Christmas traditions!


We went this past Sunday and were so excited that there was snow, it makes it that much more Christmasy. We threw Brody in the backpack because there was no way he was walking up those hills in search of the perfect tree and no way I was gonna carry him in my arms either! The first hill was rough for me and I was cursing my out of shape body the whole time, but after that I was fine, thankfully!






It took us quite a while to find it, but we did! Brandon cut it down and took it down the hill to have it bundled and to pay the whopping $35 for it!!




They have a little workshop at the bottom of the hill that serves hot chocolate and candy canes which we all loved after walking around in the cold!






So here she is in all her glory! It is perfect if I do say so myself and it creates a smell of pine and oranges throughout my house! I love it! (it was well worth the money!)






And here's the finishing touch!
















5 comments:

  1. Loved this post! The pictures are awesome!
    Merry Christmas to you All! The tree looks awesome. Love, Aunt Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a memorable day! Great job.

    The tree is beautiful. Love, Nana & Pops

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the tradition...remember when you were a little girl, many Christmas trees were hauled out of the tree farms. Those were wonderful memories for me and will be the same for you. Enjoy!
    Love,
    Mom, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, I love this season. What an awesome tradition. (And isn't Indiana the christmas tree capital of the world, or something?) Give Brody lots of warm eskimo kisses from his Tennessee family. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes it is, in fact, when we lived in texas our tree was packaged and my mom still remembers it saying it was from indiana, pa! how cool is that?! and it still had snow on it!

    ReplyDelete